Sunday, August 29, 2010

Throwback Bookshelf

It's been a while since I've worn the Joylynn M. Jossel hat. Since changing writing genres from secular, which included women's fiction, street lit and erotica, I've kind of left my secular titles by the way side. But all of that officially ends today. When my publishers gave me those book deals, they did so because they believed in me; they believed in my work. They were excited about the stories I turned in and proved as much by offering me a pretty nice advance. Sadly to say, I didn't quite earn my advance back. Then to add salt to my publisher's wound, I changed genres and acted like those books never even existed; no marketing-no promotions. Well, like I said, all of that ends today as I embark on a campaign of which I'm calling "Throwback Bookshelf." This will include my efforts to resurect my titles such as "The Root of All Evil," its sequel "When Souls Mate," as well as "If I Ruled the World," and its sequel "Mama, I'm in Love With a Gangsta." I know that according to industry standard, after three months on the shelf, a book is pretty much considered old. Well, some of my titles are over five years old, but I have a saying: "a book is new to someone who has never read it before-no matter what the copyright date is." With that being said, I hope you'll not only follow my blog, but offer me feedback and any suggestions that may help me in achieving my goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment